What is Included in an Edit?
- Multiple passes through your entire manuscript using Microsoft Word's Track Changes feature, so you will be able to reject or accept edits as you see fit.
- Cover-to-cover, line-by-line punctuation, spelling, syntax, and grammar check
- Check for good transitioning, biased writing (racist or sexist writing, for example), wordiness, and jargon
- Conformation to The Chicago Manual of Style's suggestions (hyphenated words, capitalization, etc.) with the author's preferences taking precedence
- Check for confusing and awkward phrasing, inconsistencies, and redundancies
- Research and fact-checking as deemed necessary or requested by the author
- Correcting formatting errors
- Confidentiality, affordable pricing, constructive feedback, and timely completion
- Open communication during the entire process (even after the work is completed)
- Promotion of your work via social media as my schedule allows (This is a bonus, not a guarantee.)
The relationship between author and editor should be a seamless choreography that creates a beautiful fluid dance. I will not attempt to change your voice nor will I try to make your story mine. You are more than welcome to disregard every suggestion I make. That is your decision as the author. My goal is to help you present your best work to your readers.
Copyright © 2016 Quiethouse Editing